Three evenings every other month
18:00 – 22:00
Relationship therapy workshop
Discover The Art and Science of Love at our world-renowned weekend workshop for couples created by Drs. John and Julie Gottman and see for yourself why millions of couples worldwide have benefited from the Gottman Method.
- 2 days filled with engaging presentations and experiential activities designed to confirm, strengthen, or restore your love
- For couples of every age, ability, and sexual orientation
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy
- Has produced positive results for 94% of those who attend
Based on over 40 years of research with thousands of couples, The relationship therapy workshop will give you new insights and research-based skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you manage conflict in a healthy, positive way.
Relationship therapy Workshop Description
Our curriculum is developed from 40 years of research with more than 3,000 couples. It’s grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what a relationship should be. On day one, you will learn how to build friendship in your relationship and express feelings of respect and affection. On day two, you will learn how to manage conflict and communicate effectively.
What will I learn?
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness in your relationship
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through conflicted gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
Other workshop topics include:
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them together
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew, respect, and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the six skills for effective conflict resolutions
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. You do not need to be married. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day relationship therapy workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair.
No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple and Gottman-trained therapists are available to support one-on-one during exercises.
Who is the relationship therapy workshop not for?
This educational workshop is not be appropriate for couples dealing with addiction, domestic violence, affair recovery or other serious relationship issues. In those situations, we recommend seeking counseling with a Gottman-trained therapist.
- Up to 2 weeks before the workshop: Refund minus 50 euros administrative fee;
- Within 2 weeks of workshop: No refund, but participants can attend a next Art and Science of Love workshop.
More than 1,500 couples complete The Art and Science of Love workshop every year in Seattle, and many hundreds more complete the workshop around the world either in-person with Certified Gottman Therapists or at home with a DVD set. Here’s what some of them have said about the workshop.